What PRODUCTIVITY is NOT:
- Using time management strategies meant for factory workers
- Getting efficient at doing busy work that pays you $10 per hour.
- Stacking guru routines as a convenient way to procrastinate and drain away discipline.
- Working 16 hour days so you can post on social about how you’re a “HuStLeR”
- Collecting fancy planners and apps.
- Screaming about how you’re the hardest worker in the room.
- Multitasking. (Just, no.)
- Saying no to workouts, date nights and family weekend adventures because your time is worth $xxx / hour.
- Pushing harder when you have no clue what your priorities & needle movers are.
- Working longer or harder does NOT necessarily mean you’ll earn more or grow bigger.
Don’t even get me started on the number of people I see on the internet calling themselves “Hustlers” who’re “Embracing the grind”, when in reality they’re wasting time doing inefficient busy work that’s getting them paid less than a McDonald’s cashier. If an increase in productivity isn’t translating to an increase in freedom and fulfillment … that’s productivity done wrong. For the sake of dreams being lost to burnout and families being destroyed by the hustle culture, I’ll go to war before I stop educating on what productivity is NOT.
Help me out by adding to the list lol.
What are some wrong pieces of advice you’ve received around productivity?